Autism Speaks Opens the 2012 December iPad Grant!
Autism Speaks announced today…
“Through the generosity of Sevenly.org and the James W. Pickle Foundation, 625 financially disadvantaged individuals with autism and schools will receive an Apple iPad 2!
Eligible applicants are individuals who:
– Have been diagnosed with an Autism Spectrum Disorder by a licensed professional,
– Reside in the United States,
– Have limited income and cannot afford to purchase an iPad.
IMPORTANT DATES AND GRANT TIMELINE:
December 3: Online Application Opens
December 7: Application Closes
December 7-14: Review Committee Selects Recipients
December 17: Recipients Announced and iPads sent out!!
How to Apply!
- Applications must be submitted by the person with autism, an immediate family member of the person with autism, or a licensed teacher, social worker, or therapist.
- The Technology Grant Review Committee will review eligible applications based on established criteria and select the iPad grant recipients. Some applicants will be contacted by staff for follow up information.
- All applicants selected to receive an iPad 2 will be contacted on December 17. Others will receive an email informing them of their status.
Visit the AutismCares website to apply! You must create a login and select Autism Speaks iPad Grant.
Note: Please DO NOT complete the application entitled “AutismCares Application” if you are applying for an iPad. Only those applicants that complete the application entitled “Autism Speaks iPad Grant” will be considered.
Note: Only applicants in the United States will be considered. We cannot accept applications from outside the United States.