What is Self-Determination?
In October of 2013, Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. signed into law the Self-Determination Program, which will provide consumers and their families with more freedom, control, and responsibility in choosing services and supports to help them meet objectives in their Individual Program Plan.
Get involved in the Local Advisory Committee
As required by law, each regional center must establish a Local Volunteer Advisory Committee to ensure effective implementation of the Self-Determination Program and facilitate the sharing of best practices and training materials. Members of these committees are appointed by the regional center and the Regional Office of the State Council on Developmental Disabilities (SCDD). The committee members must include consumers, family members, the regional center clients’ rights advocate, other advocates and community leaders, and must reflect the multicultural diversity and geographic profile of the catchment area.
- Agenda for Upcoming Meeting: October 2, 2017 at 6:30 p.m.
- Meet our Committee Members
- A Handy Guide to the Bagley-Keene Open Meeting Act
- Meeting Manners
- July 2016 Committee Minutes
- May 2016 Committee Minutes
- April 2016 Committee Minutes
- January 2016 Committee Minutes
- November 2015 Committee Minutes
- October 2015 Committee Minutes
- June 2015 Committee Minutes
Learn More about Self-Determination
- Consumer Guide and Highlights on Self-Determination Program
- Message from Santi Rogers, Director of the Department of Developmental Services
- SB 468 Statewide Self-Determination Program
- WIC 4685.8 Self-Determination Program Responsibilities Chart
- Self-Determination Program Enrollment
- Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have a question about Self-Determination or RCOC’s Self-Determination Program? Send us a message!