Transition from school to young adult life can be stressful, scary, challenging and more… but it can also be full of opportunities and possibilities for your loved one to engage in the life they have always wanted!
The Regional Center of Orange County would like to help walk you through the steps of achieving dreams and goals by providing information and webinars to guide you on the journey.
Questions? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about our webinars, please visit Transition Planning Webinars for our current series. Webinars are also archived for later viewing.
Current Webinar Series:
Creating a Life Full of Possibilities!
This webinar series is intended for:
- People receiving services and families interested in learning more about education, employment/work training and independent living opportunities now and in the future.
- The focus is on ages 14 and above but elementary & pre-school families, who are ready to start planning for these important long term goals, are also encouraged to participate. Other stakeholders are welcome.
- Individuals with disabilities & family members will be given priority during the Q & A part of the webinar.
The Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services (OSERS) has published a guide to advance efforts in ensuring that all students and youth with disabilities are equipped with the skills and knowledge to be engaged in the workforce. This transition guide addresses the following topics to facilitate a seamless transition from school to post-school activities:
- Transition planning: opportunities and programs;
- Transition services and requirements, as authorized by the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act and the
- Education and employment options for students and youth with disabilities after leaving secondary school; and
- Supporting decisions made by students and youth with disabilities.