A Special Incident Report, or SIR, is a formal report that is filed with the regional center whenever a person served by the regional center is involved in an unusual event, such as a crime or injury.
There are detailed and specific rules about SIRs that service providers and regional centers must follow whenever a special incident occurs including:
- Within 24 hours, verbally notify RCOC of the incident via phone at (714) 796-5335
- Within 48 hours, complete and submit to RCOC a Special Incident Report form
To learn more about Special Incident Reporting, click on the links below:
- Special Incident Report Form
- Special Incident Report Example Forms
- Special Incident Report Guidelines
- Special Incident Report Procedures
- Risk Management Tools
- Special Incident Reporting for Vendors
If you have any questions about SIRs or are not sure whether or not an incident involving a consumer you serve requires an SIR, call RCOC’s Special Incident Administrator at (714) 796-5335.
If you have a tip to report to RCOC’s Anonymous Reporting/Community Watch Line, call (800) 461-9880.
New Fax number for all Special Incident Reports – (714) 796-5800 or e-mail to SIRemail@nullrcocdd.com
Please print and fill out the following form and fax it back to:
Attn: Special Incident Administrator
FAX: (714) 796-5800