Some people with developmental disabilities need items such as wheelchairs or walkers, adaptive devices, diapers, eating aids or other equipment and supplies in order to maintain or maximize their independence. In most cases, the costs for these things are paid for by the consumer’s family, private health insurance or generic resources such as Medi-Cal/CalOptima or Medicare. However, in certain circumstances, RCOC may pay for some of them.

If you need help determining whether you or your family member is eligible for health care through Medi-Cal/CalOptima, contact your RCOC service coordinator.

For detailed information about RCOC’s policies for equipment and supplies, review RCOC’s Purchase of Service Guidelines. These Purchase of Service (POS) Guidelines have been adopted by the Board of Directors to ensure that RCOC exercises good stewardship of the tax dollars it spends on behalf of people with disabilities. RCOC follows these Guidelines when authorizing service requests for consumers and families.